Emily Holm discuss how to:
* Define Pharmacogenomics (PGx)
* Review Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics
* Review Prodrugs vs Active Drugs
* Learn Basic PGx Concepts
* Review most common gene/drug interactions
* Learn how PGx can be used in practice
* Learn where to find additional PGx resources
* Review simple and complex patient cases
Emily Holm, Pharm.D., BCACP studied medicinal chemistry at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and obtained her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2011. Dr. Holm completed her PGY1 ambulatory care residency through the University of Minnesota in 2012. She has experience in expanding and developing direct patient care clinical pharmacy services. She is a became a board certified ambulatory care pharmacist in 2013. Her practice interests include medication therapy management, diabetes management, insulin pump and sensor technology, and pharmacogenomics.
Emily and her husband Mike have 3 year old son, Scotty and 9 month old daughter, Janie. They enjoy boating, skiing, grilling, having bonfires and refurbishing old furniture.
Please wait ...